Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Amber Waters

On a dare, I made my way from the safety of my home over to the pool that was just outside of my gate; disrobing along the way. I walked over, and put my toe in, to see how it felt. And it felt good, and I was surprised by its familiarity. So I jumped in and submerged myself completely. I stayed deep enough in to only allow my head and shoulders to feel the breeze and warmth of the setting sun.

I floated on my back, breasts exposed, and I swam a few laps showing off my full hips and behind. And I enjoyed being myself, being free, being naked, and unveiling myself. And yes, I was aware of my stretch marks, and cellulite and all of the other things that make me uniquely me, and human, and imperfect, and beautiful in my own right. And as I was feeling myself and enjoying my time, I realized that she was there, watching me.

Did she like what she was seeing? Why was there a look of perplexion on her face? “Darling, why do you limit yourself to this little pool?” she asked. “What do you mean? Here I am free and comfortable being me. Is this not where I should be?” I questioned. “My dear, here, you still swim in fear when you need to claim what is yours by name! Don’t limit yourself to this pool. Find the ocean and set yourself free.” she answered.

And I smiled, because I knew exactly what she meant. I climbed out of the water, gathered my clothes and went home. There, I collected my things, called a few friends, and drove out to the sea. Like all of my previous accomplishments, I brought others along. If I have, then they have, and so we are never truly without. And once there, we stripped ourselves of everything that had ever held us back. And we ventured into the water underneath the moonlight!

And it was perfect, and it was peace, because He was there with me. And I swam, and I played, and I frolicked in the water. And waves kept rolling in; bringing love and taking it back out, to sea. You are my ocean, and in your love and support I am able to once again, be me!



Copyright © 2010 My Mischievous Works

3 comments:

  1. I really like your writing! Beautifully written post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see the picture you are painting with the words. very descriptive.

    ReplyDelete